This one time, Kevin came over and brought a ginormous cut of salmon. It was freakin’ huge! So, as the always experimental chef, I had to come up with salmon recipes off the top of my head. Then this idea came: salmon nuggets! It’s a very simple recipe, and you get some awesome fried fish at the end of it.
- Cut your salmon into small bits.
- In one bowl, beat 2 eggs. Add a little milk. Then add a few dashes of hot sauce.
- In another bowl, have your yellow corn meal ready with half part panko breadcrumbs. If you have seasoned fish fry, by all means use it! If not, corn meal with some salt and pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and a little Old Bay seasoning should do the trick.
- The secret is the double dipping! Egg first, then breading, then repeat egg, and then repeat breading! It’ll make for a crispier nugget!
- Now pick your poison: both frying and baking in the oven works!
When finished, serve it with some garlic rice (that I topped with green onions), and either tartar sauce, or make a quick mayonnaise sauce mixed with minced garlic!